Join us to send girls to school—and get fit!
It started with one little hash tag and a big dream: Two friends, Erin Leigh and Brooke, challenged themselves to run their first marathon together, while also fundraising to send 26 girls to school in Nepal in honor of each mile.
Inspired by their journey, which they tracked on social media using #26Miles26Girls, other people began to set new fitness goals tied to a fundraising goal for She's the First. Popular fitness instructors got on board to raise money and endorphins with donation-based classes.
The impact quickly multiplied. The #RuntheWorld campaign was born. Before we knew it, 200+ supporters raised $50,000 to send 60 girls to school. It was the most financially successful campaign in She’s the First history.
In Season Two, which kicks off on February 18, the first day of Social Media Week, we're raising our game and growing an even bigger team to Run the World!
In unity with our She's the First Scholars, who are running to school and cheering you on, we aim to raise $50,000 together to sponsor girls' education, before the grand finale on November 2nd.
Here's how you can support:
(1) Start a fundraising page. Tell your story, ask friends/family to donate. Raise money by:
- Challenging yourself to run a race, be it your first, fastest, or funnest (yes, we know that's not a word...but it counts!).
- Teaming up with a fitness instructor to organize a donation-based fitness fundraising class.
- Here's a tool kit to guide you!
(2) Use CharityMiles! Every mile you walk, run, or bike on the app for She's the First donates a quarter, funded by a corporate sponsor, which we will be count towards the grand total.
Ready? Let's go!
Email email@example.com with any questions.
PS: Show that you're part of our team! Add a Run the World PicBadge to your Facebook/Twitter profile picture here.
Read full » |